Monday, September 8, 2014

Swim/bike brick change of venue

Tonight I had an open water swim + bike on the schedule, so luckily Steph was willing to go with me to Clemson. We decided to do the swim from Y beach instead of the normal Clemson swim location to avoid the huge hill at the end of the bike. :)

It was cloudy and windy in Greenville, so I wasn't sure it was worth the drive, but about halfway to Clemson it cleared up, and it ended up being a really lovely evening.

I tried out some TYR goggles that I got on the Clymb a while back but hadn't used yet and they are great. Definitely my goggles for China - comfortable, seal well without feeling like I'm going to have an imprint on my face for hours, worked well even when swimming toward the sun, didn't fog up... too bad I don't know which ones they are or I'd tell you. Maybe someday I'll sort through my Clymb purchases and find it.

After we swam we headed out on our bikes to try to do the Clemson tri course. It was actually pretty cool (mid-70s, I think, which is probably around what it will be in China), and I was cold for the first 10-15 minutes. Final test of the Smith sunglasses - no fogging up when I put them on after swimming! Yay!

We got a little list for a while, and it got dark earlier than expected, so for the last 5 or so miles we were just trying to get to the cars before it got so dark that it wasn't safe. But on the last bridge, we were treated to this lovely moonrise over Clemson, so maybe it was worth it. I had to stop and take a real quick picture. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment