Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Community support

I'm so thankful for the support of good friends and local businesses as I train for (and pay for!) this race!

Two of the sweetest people you will ever meet were determined to help me do a little fundraising, and they have gone above and beyond in planning our event on Sunday. One of them went to Robin Bylenga, the owner of Pedal Chic (for those not from Greenville, Pedal Chic is an amazing local women's-specific bike shop), and asked her if she would let us have an event in her shop. Robin said yes, and threw herself into helping with this event. One of my sweet friends who was planning the event was in a horrible car accident on Saturday and she and her husband are both in the hospital. In the midst of worrying about and praying for them, we have determined that the only other thing we can do is make the event what she wanted it to be, so she'll see how grateful we are when we show her the pictures. Please help me pray hard for them and for their family.

So, in between training and ordering the stuff I need to take to China, I visited a friend of a friend at a local print shop called Dapper Ink and got some logos put on my uniform so everyone can see who is supporting me.

Pedal Chic's logo is first! Can't wait for the event on Sunday! Seriously, if you are local (or have the internet) and have any bike needs, you should check them out, especially if you are looking for something a little more feminine. I'll be writing about a few of the great products they carry over the next few days as I try things out in workouts and make a pile in my bedroom of what's going to China.
And then Upstate Rolfing! Owned by another of the nicest people in the world, Upstate Rolfing has helped lots of people find relief from pain and discomfort. I haven't needed to try it yet, but I might have to after the race! ;)


Ready to race!



No comments:

Post a Comment