Thursday, September 4, 2014

Last long run and Reflection Sports

So apparently I still had a long run remaining when I thought I did the last one. :) Tonight was a 45 minbike / 2 hr run brick. For the bike, I decided to stay close and do some loops around Cleveland Park since there are some tough hills over there. Then for the run I did a mixture of hills and flat and decided to try to gauge my race pace. I finished the 12.4 in 1:50, so I'm thinking I should be close to 2 hrs on the run in China (which means somewhere around 8.5 hours total if you're counting). 

When I first started biking more often, my friend recommended Reflection Sports Ride Glide to prevent chafing. I tried it and it worked really well, so that's all I ever use. So when I was at Pedal Chic on Saturday, I was looking for some more so I could make sure I had enough for China. They were out, but I noticed some other interesting Reflection Sports products near the cash register that I decided to try. The main one that caught my eye was the "pre-swim/sun gel." Ever since my hair has been a little longer, it gets ridiculously tangled when I bike or run, no matter how I put it up and this stuff claimed to prevent that. I also grabbed their swim shampoo/conditioner. I've tried the gel for several workouts now and I LOVE it. Plus, my husband likes the way it smells.
This is my hair post-bike and run tonight (all I did is take down my ponytail and comb it):

Not bad, huh? Ladies (and guys with long hair), I highly recommend this stuff! It's in my pile of stuff that I can't forget to take to China. :)

The swim shampoo and conditioner smell just as good, and in my personal opinion remove chlorine smell better than the other swim shampoos I tried. Next I'm going to try using it as my daily shampoo/conditioner since it says on it that you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment