Friday, September 12, 2014

Last minute preparations

We leave for China tomorrow! In 14 hours. Our bags are mostly packed...

Since I've been tapering this week, I thought I'd have more free time, but it hasn't really worked out that way.

Here's my packing list! I actually made it months ago because I couldn't stop obsessing.


First I needed to stock up on food. I tried to get enough for race day nutrition plus snacks and meal replacements if I get desperate. I'm glad to have found so many great new products from The Feed! This box weighed 8 pounds. And I still got more stuff from Trader Joe's. 


Quick rundown of what I'm taking:
Vigilant Eats Superfoods Cereal - yummy and made with powdered milk so you can eat it with water - this is my race day breakfast.
Rip van Wafels and various Justin's nut butters - because they're yummy and easy to eat. Probably a snack for right before the swim.
ProBar - meal bars, fuel bars, bolt chews - I love them all. Especially the chocolate coconut meal bars. The bars are for pre-race or bike nutrition; the bolt chews are for the run. 
Barnanas - chewy dried bananas. I tried these in Milwaukee - they seem to do the trick for when you can't take fresh bananas with you. Plus you can get chocolate covered ones.
Skratch - my favorite hydration product by far. Less sugar than gatorade and no artificial flavors/colors. I use it on the bike and run, and after the race too.
Kate's bars - so yummy, especially the "tiki bar." However, not so easy to open with your teeth!

Then Wednesday I did my nails. My friend Erika sells Jamberry nail wraps and sponsored my Team USA nails. :)


Thursday I took my bike to Pedal Chic so they could help me pack it. I forgot to take pictures of the process, but here's a picture after. :)


While I was there, I got a fun text from my friend Kim. A friend of hers in California sent this for the bake sale last weekend:

So cute! And I also loved this card from Kari:

Then today I got a surprise package in the mail from my "I Run 4" buddy Madisyn. I love it!


So, bags are packed, nails are done, just waiting on one more load of laundry... hopefully my next update will be from China!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to updates and pictures! Praying for safe travels and safety on the course for all athletes. Love the nails. GO TEAM USA!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete