Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Arrived in Beijing!

After a long travel day, we are in China! 

I still had a couple of my workouts from this week to do, so I got up at 6:45 to get to the Y when the pool opened at 7. After a quick 25 minute swim I went home, changed, and went for a 5.5 mi run. I kept it below 8 min/mi average, so I think I'm on track. (I also stopped for a while around mile 4 to visit a friend who is in town for the Indie Craft Parade and FINALLY go to the Saturday Market.) Then home for a whirlwind of breakfast, shower, cleaning, and packing before heading to the airport. 

At the gate with compression tights, bike Toms, and Team USA backpack.

We flew from Greenville to Atlanta to Seattle to Beijing, with some nice views of the Cascades and Alaska on the way (I think the people on the other side of the plane could almost have reached out and touched the summit of Mt Rainier we were so close).


All of our flights were on time and 19 hours after taking off from Greenville we landed in Beijing. I was relieved to see both my checked bag and my bike made it! Now we are at the hotel, my bike is in the left luggage storage at the airport, and we have some exploring of Beijing planned for the next 3 days before we go to Weihai. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment