Sunday, September 7, 2014

Send-off party

Oh man, you guys. The party today was so great! I'm so tired, but it's a good kind of tired. THANK YOU, THANK YOU to everyone who made today special - by planning the event (huge thank yous to Pedal Chic and friends - Robin, Amy, Cherie, Rhonda, Mary, Stephanie, and to my sweet friends Julie and Martha), by baking for the bake sale (another big thank you to bake sale queen Kim and to Steph for adding even more yummy stuff to the table), donating silent auction items (Michelin, Upstate Rolfing, Earth Fare, Joe's Place...), providing yummy food (Stax's Original), or by coming to the event! I love this town! Extra thanks to all of you who have trained with me all summer - you've made it fun and I hope I can be there for you when you're chasing a goal. And to all of you who couldn't come today - thanks for all the comments and messages of encouragement, and for "liking" my blog posts. I love you all!

Here are just a few of my favorite pictures...

Kim's bake sale is ready to go!


Peter and I, with Robin Bylenga (owner of Pedal Chic) and Hans-Peter Durst (a paracycling world champion who just won 2 gold medals at the UCI Para-cycling World Championships held here in Greenville last weekend). 



Even the Michelin Man made an appearance!



Talking to old friends and making new friends. :)


Thanks also to QBP and CamelBak for the AllClear water purifying bottle! I'm going to need a lot of water to get through this race - glad to not have to worry about if the water I'm drinking is going to make me sick!


Thank you!!! 


The countdown is on! We leave in 6 days. Time to taper and pack. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment