Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sidlelined with one month to go

Hey y'all. Guess what?!? We leave for China 1 month from today! And the race is 5 weeks from Sunday. Not that I'm counting...

Unfortunately not a lot of training going on here this week. I started feeling bad Sunday night, but I usually get a little congested and rundown feeling after a big race and thought that was all it was. By Monday I was feeling nauseated, but I went ahead and did my bike ride Monday afternoon. When we finished, I felt horrible. I really wasn't sure I was going to be able to drive home, but I made it. I was feverish and had chills Monday night, but I still went to work yesterday. I ended up going to the doctor around mid-afternoon and came home to sleep. Today I knew there was no way I could go to work, so I did as much as I could from home and tried to rest and hydrate. I also found out that at least 25 people on various triathlon forums who raced in Milwaukee have reported some sort of stomach bug... sounds like either something from the water this weekend or something that went around. Not ideal timing, but maybe the rest will be overall good for me anyway.

Hoping to feel better and be back to training tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment