Sunday, August 24, 2014

MAC for kids (last long ride and first Caesars Head climb)

Yesterday was a beautiful day, though a little hot. A friend of mine and some friends of his were doing the MAC for kids metric century ride, and I'd been wanting to ride up Caesars Head, So I joined them. 

The weather started out nice and the ride through Dacusville was pretty and rolling. The ride was well-supported, with aid stations at least every 8-10 miles or so. I lost sight of my group shortly after the start, so I skipped the first aid station and kept looking for them... found them about a mile or so later where one of them was changing a flat. I joined them and we started on when he was ready. We made a quick stop at the 17ish mile aid station and continued on. We stayed more or less together until the bottom of the climb, but I wasn't drafting, so I wasn't too close.

It was a long climb to the top, but shaded and pretty low traffic. I passed a fair number of people on the way up and found out when I got to the top that I was the second woman to get there. 


The people at the top were so amazingly positive, helpful, and encouraging. It was great to meet them. I'd definitely do this ride again, and I'd highly recommend it!


The descent was fun and then just a few rolling climbs on the way back in to Easley. The after party was good too - with burger and hot dogs and great people to hang out with.

Last long ride in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment