Sunday, August 24, 2014

Last big training weekend done!

After my ride yesterday, I needed a run and a swim today.

For the swim, I met up with the Greenville Splash masters swimming group at Lake Jocassee again. I just love swimming in such cool, clear water with the mountains all around. :)




We had a great group and I was able to do the full 4000 meters and then some! Longest open water swim ever at 4800 yards. :)


I checked my watch at exactly 4000m - 1:26 for a 1:57 pace - on track for my 1:30 goal for China. Hooray!

After the swim, I came home and had lunch and then headed out for a 9.5 mile run in my brand new Asheville Marathon Ambassador tank. 


Brad ran the first 4 miles with me and my friend Lindsey ran the last 5.5 - perfect! And it was even slightly cooler than yesterday.

After a quick shower, I headed over to Pedal Chic to talk about plans for our send-off party. So fun! The owner, Robin is amazing and I'm so grateful for her support and enthusiasm. 

Since it's Foodie Fest in the Upstate this week, Brad and I celebrated the end of the last long weekend of training with dinner out downtown. 

Recovery week starts tomorrow, then a 3 week taper and we are there!







No comments:

Post a Comment