Saturday, August 30, 2014

Recovery week ride

I love recovery weeks! And I think I'm about to love tapering too. :)

A new crêperie opened in town and I really wanted to try it, but I knew with my crazy training schedule the only way I'd get there before about November would be if I combined it with a ride. Since I only had a 2 hour ride to do this week, I figured this was the time!

So I planned it for this morning and invited all my friends. I picked a meeting place that I could bike to, so I set out from my house and ran into 2 more people who were riding from their house. Fun to not even be alone for the 2.5 miles I normally do by myself. We met up with the rest of the group and ended up with about 15 total. We had a great ride on the SRT, then went by Furman and over to Paris Mountain. The climb wasn't exactly "enjoyable," but we chatted the whole way up, which made it go by a little quicker. Then around on Little Texas and up to the new end of the SRT. They just added about a mile and a half recently, and this was my first time on the new part. I really liked the section through the woods, and the sign at the end that says "end of trail (for now...)". Yay for extending the trail!

When we got to the restaurant, the line was pretty long, and some of the group decided to skip it and head back to town. I wish I'd gotten a picture of everyone before they left!

So 7 of us stayed and got some yummy crêpes. 


After we ate, we had a quick ride on the trail back to Greenville, and then I had a couple miles to get home. 


After I left the group, I stopped by Pedal Chic - can't wait for the send off party next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment