Sunday, June 22, 2014

Tough day

Today was rough. Since I raced yesterday, I had to do my long run and my long ride today. I did decide that I could sleep in a little, so I ran my 10 miles around 8:30 this morning. Brad joined me for the first half, so that part was better. :) It wasn't too too hot yet, but still.

Then a 45 mile ride at 1 pm. Hot. I was getting pretty tired and maybe a little dehydrated by the end. Good practice for the bike/run in Weihai, though. It looks like average temperatures in September are around 70-80 and based on the schedule I've seen I think I should finish the swim around 10:15, which means I'll be biking from then until 3:15ish and running until 5:15ish.

Overall, training has been going really well and I'm loving hanging out with all the people I've been training and racing with - so on days like today I just keep going and remember why I'm doing this.

Recovery week starts tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment