Wednesday, June 11, 2014

2 laps!

Open water swim at Clemson tonight. In keeping with my plan to keep my long swims during the week, I wanted to do 2 laps (each lap is a mile). So we got there, and it was pouring. And the lightning alarm went off. But we could see on the radar that the storm was passing. So we waited it out and finally it cleared up and even got sunny. We did the first lap (which is all everyone else was doing) and finished just as Abby arrived to join me for lap 2. I looked and the radar and we were perfectly in the middle of the gap between the storms, so we set out. A little over 2 miles in an hour and 20 min... should be on track for the 4K swim in China in 1:30 or so. And, we finished just in time! After we had dried off and changed, the lightning alarm went off again just as we were leaving. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment