Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Still training

I haven't taken any fun pictures to write about lately, but training is still moving along! This past weekend I only had a long run and swim - no long bike because I'm doing a century (!!!) on Saturday. So Saturday I actually had time to clean the house, make zucchini bread, and get my hair cut. :) I had planned to run first thing Saturday morning, but it was raining and I figured if I was free all day surely I could find a 90 min gap... but no. Every time the radar looked clear, a new shower developed. So I finally did my run in the rain, which I'd been avoiding since my soggy marathon - it's much less miserable when the temperature is in the 80s, not the 30s! Then I headed down to the lake Sunday morning for another nice open water swim. 

This week has been a little lighter on the bike as I'm trying to taper a little for Saturday, but about normal for the running and swimming. Just a run and swim tomorrow and then the ride Saturday to go this week - then we will be off work for a week, with family coming to town, and a recovery week too!

We've also been working on logistical stuff - sent off a package today with our passports and visa applications (and our final payment for the hotel in Weihai too...)! Hopefully all will go smoothly and we'll get our passports and visas soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment