Saturday, May 24, 2014

Low Country Splash

Took advantage of Memorial Day weekend for a quick trip to Charleston and Myrtle Beach. As soon as I found out the swim in China is 4K (2.48 miles), I decided to do the Lowcountry Splash 2.4 mile swim under the Cooper River Bridge in Charleston to try that distance. It's always planned so that it's with the current, so it's easier than the same distance in a pool, but I also wanted to try out the long sleeve wetsuit I'm borrowing and and see what swimming in salt water with a current is like. I really enjoyed this event - it's a beautiful swim and we had an exceptionally friendly current, plus the weather was perfect. The water temperature was perfect for a wetsuit (for me anyway), so I got to wear it and I think it will be perfect for the swim in China.




No comments:

Post a Comment