Friday, May 9, 2014

Here we go!

Back in October, I did the Rev3 South Carolina half in Anderson because I'd been riding more and enjoying it more (thanks to lots of friends to ride with!) than I did training for the White Lake Half. I had heard something about it being the USAT national championships for long course, but I didn't pay much attention to that. It was a great race and I had a lot of fun friends cheering for me. PR in half iron and that was that. Until November, when I got an email with the subject "Team USA China Congratulations." I had apparently qualified to represent the US at ITU Worlds in Weihai, China in September 2014. After a lot of thinking and planning and budgeting and training, I decided to do it! So we are busily making plans and trying to enjoy the journey as well as the destination. After it's all over, I want to be able to make a photo book of the journey, so I'm starting this blog as a place to store memories and photos… and to share the journey.
 Got my uniform (sort of… it still has to be printed with USA and my name)! And I was able to get our plane tickets with Skymiles. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment