Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A full weekend!

Somehow the weekends always fill up, and there are always more fun events to do. This weekend started with a swim at the Y… some people love cold water, but I am not one of those people. The pool was 75 degrees and I had to turn my planned 4000m into 3000 because my hands and feet were numb. After that, we headed to Asheville for the Biltmore Kiwanis 5K and 15K. I did the marathon at Biltmore in March and thought iDaph events and Biltmore did a great job with it (despite the VERY cold rain) so I was excited to do another of their races. This one didn't disappoint, even though it was cold and rainy again - what's up with that?

From the marathon in March:

This time, I did the 15K and my husband did the 5K:
3rd in my age group (the medals are awesome, too):
Still needed to bike, and it looks like the bike course in China is really hilly, so I grabbed a spot in the Assault on Marion (NC) for Monday (part of the Assault on Mt Mitchell but I wasn't sure i was quite ready for that). It was a great day for a ride with 2 of my biking buddies (despite the freezing-ness at the start that had my fingers and toes numb for the first half) and the course to Marion is lovely and rolling with a few big climbs. 75 miles felt pretty good, so I guess I'm on my way. (Michelin was a sponsor, so I borrowed a Michelin jersey, and of course I had my Pro4s). 

No comments:

Post a Comment