Saturday, March 7, 2015

Reedy River 10K

The Reedy River Run is one of my favorite local races, and I set my 10K PR there a few years ago. This year, my husband joined me in the 10K (instead of doing the 5K), so I decided to stay with him.


It was a beautiful day and not too cold. This is not an easy course, but it is pretty. The start is uphill, but you turn and head downhill pretty quickly. The first big hill is around mile 2, but it's followed by a nice downhill and then a section by the river on the Swamp Rabbit Trail. The middle miles are mostly flat with an out and back in Cleveland Park before another big hill between miles 5 and 6. The finish is super fun - a left turn at mile 6 and then a long downhill to the finish. 

As in the past, the post-race food was great, with bread from Great Harvest, brownies from Zoe's Kitchen, and subs from Jersey Mike's. 

The other fun thing about this race is they give medals to people who set PRs, which Brad did!



No comments:

Post a Comment