Monday, November 10, 2014

Camp Croft half marathon

The Blue Ridge Bootleggers (my team from the Smoky Mountain Relay) reunited to do the Camp Croft half - a trail run at Croft State Park. We also camped there for the weekend, which was fun, but cold. 


Before the race:


I'd never actually been to Croft, so it was fun to explore it during the race. Since I'm not training for anything big anymore (hooray), I wanted to just enjoy this one. Kristin and I were planning to run/walk, but we ended up doing more walking toward the end because her IT band was hurting, which gave us plenty of time for pictures.





This was a pretty small race, and the aid station volunteers were great! When we finished we got a pint glass, and then there was a huge pot of homemade soup, which was amazing. I ate 4 bowls and finally got slightly warm.

We had a big picnic lunch at the campsite - it was a beautiful day.




And continuing the theme of post-China exercise that is fun, a nice paddle on the lake on Sunday. :)













No comments:

Post a Comment